The Quality Assurance Engineer will ensure high-quality software delivery by planning, implementing, and automating quality assurance testing. Responsibilities will include developing test plans, creating test cases, writing test automation code, and reporting results.
- Plan and implement testing (e.g., regression, functional, data validation, system integration, load, or performance tests) for new and existing functionality.
- Work closely with development teams to design testing strategies and integrate testing into the development process.
- Plan, create, execute, and automate test cases, working with business partners, developers, and other stakeholders.
- Document and analyze test results and recommend corrective action.
- Isolate, reproduce, manage, and maintain defects and test case databases, and verify fixes.
- Support user acceptance testing conducted by business partners or end users.
- Conduct exploratory testing and risk analysis for complex features, e.g., those that span across platforms or teams.
- Identify opportunities to reduce testing time and effort by automating repeatable tests.
- Enhance and maintain the test automation framework.
- Understand and apply automated testing approaches such as model-based testing or record-and-replay.
- Research, recommend, and implement new testing technologies and practices, such as incorporating machine learning.
- Define and champion quality and testing best practices among development teams.
- Collaborate and share information with other software QA engineers, e.g., by participating in a community of practice.
- Review developers’ test plans to ensure comprehensive coverage.
Skills and Competencies
- Software development experience with basic proficiency in Python.
- Experience writing test automation scripts.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience designing and implementing test plans.
- Experience with test management tools (e.g., TestRail, XRay, Qtest, Quality Center).
- Experience with test automation frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Cypress, Puppeteer, Playwright).
- Experience with application performance monitoring and observability tools.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify, isolate and document defects.
- Fundamental knowledge of networking, routing/switching, OSI model, IPv4, IPv6, TCP/IP
- Strong knowledge of agile practices and experience with agile planning tools (e.g., Jira).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaboration skills and ability to work on a team.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn.
- Experience testing and/or validating functionality of cybersecurity solutions
If you’re interested in fulfilling this role and working with the InQuest team, please apply here: