Our software engineers design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality software to meet business and customer needs. Depending on the role, software engineers work on development initiatives that include:
- Developing features and capabilities for end users, either external customers or internal employees.
- Developing platforms such as data engineering, developer tooling, or machine learning.
- Configuring and customizing vendor-provided packaged software.
- Write high-quality code that satisfies customer needs and strives for simplicity, clarity, and testability.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and work closely with colleagues to achieve business objectives.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (e.g. business stakeholders, product owners, project managers, and end users) to understand functional and non-functional requirements.
- Investigate and propose solutions to development and design problems.
- Participate in scope of work estimation and forecasting.
- Adhere to architecture, design, implementation, and security standards and best practices.
- Participate in code reviews or use collaborative programming techniques to promote high quality business outcomes.
- Conduct analysis to determine integration needs, and design and plan integrations.
- Implement unit and integration tests and conduct functional and performance testing where appropriate.
- Develop reusable software building blocks to enable faster delivery.
- Improve performance of existing software by diagnosing and resolving critical issues.
- Prepare technical documentation, including software design evaluation plans, test results, and technical manuals.
- Adhere to established development practices and processes.
- Analyze and create new configuration for packaged software.
Skills and Experience
- Strong proficiency in Python with additional preference for candidates comfortable with C/C++, Go, PHP).
- Experience with development platforms Git(Hub), Docker, OpenAPI, and Linux primarily.
- Understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Strong ability to understand context for code, the codebase, and its relation to business objectives.
- Ability to work both independently and on a team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Growth mindset and a willingness to learn new skills, technologies, and frameworks.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL).
- Experience developing for multiple operating systems.
- Experience in building APIs for both internal and external products.
- Working knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD principles and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent applied experience).
- 3+ Years of experience as a software engineer.
- Background preferably in Cybersecurity software development
If you’re interested in fulfilling this role and working with the InQuest team, please apply here: